Book Title: Let's Talk About S-E-X: A Guide for Kids 9 to 12 and Their Parents
Publisher: Book Peddlers, The
Author: Sam Gitchel
- It's Perfectly Normal: Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex, and Sexual Health (The Family Library)
- Asking About Sex & Growing Up: A Question-and-Answer Book for Kids
- Sex, Puberty, and All That Stuff: A Guide to Growing Up
- What's the Big Secret?: Talking about Sex with Girls and Boys
- It's So Amazing!: A Book about Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies, and Families (The Family Library)
- American Medical Association Boy's Guide to Becoming a Teen
- The Boy's Body Book: Fourth Edition
- The Girls' Guide to Sex Education: Over 100 Honest Answers to Urgent Questions about Puberty, Relationships, and Growing Up
- American Medical Association Girl's Guide to Becoming a Teen
- What's Happening to My Body? Book for Boys: Revised Edition
First created by Planned Parenthood/Mar Monte in the late 1980's, this well loved, updated guide insures that children will be given accurate, age-appropriate information about sex. This read-together book helps to begin an open dialogue in the family.
Parents and educators will find discussions of feelings, respecting oneself and others, what's normal, making sense of love and sex, and helpful advice. The book is filled with sound information, illustrations and diagrams, appropriate body terminology, information on STDs and more. Here, the changes all preteens go through are explaned in a simple, straight-forward manner.
In the Parent's Guide (in the back of the book) is the information on how approach the BIG TALK in a way that is comfortable and positive.